Classic Christmas Markets (2017) : River Queen
8 Days From Nuremberg To Frankfurt
Immerse yourself in holiday magic on a cruise through Germany's fairytale scenery.
Europe's wonderful Christmas Markets have been a much-loved tradition for many centuries, and their festive bonhomie and magical charm continue to endure. Observe traditional artisans as they carve old-fashioned toys and wooden ornaments, and bakers as they roll out giant gingerbread hearts and decadent once-a-year confections. Inhale the scent of cinnamon and roasted sausages and nuts as you stroll amongst colorfully decorated market stalls, searching for unique treasures while sipping a steaming mug of gluhwein (warm spiced wine). There's no better place to embrace the holiday spirit than in Germany, the land where many Christmas traditions began.
Family Program (Select sailing)
Share the warmth and wonder of a traditional European holiday with the special young people in your life on a shared adventure filled with lights, music and memorable merrymaking.
All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 7 dinners
Captain's Welcome and Farewell Receptions
Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, and mineral water
6 days of excursions, including "Choice Is Yours" options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
Guided "Taste of Christmas," "Village Day" and "Gentle Walking" programs
State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all shore excursions
Use of Nordic walking sticks
7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the regal River Duchess
Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir® of England beds, high-thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
1 country: Germany
2 UNESCO World Heritage sites
Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
All transfers on arrival and departure days
Captivating onboard local entertainment
Cultural enrichment, including a Signature Lecture: "Christmas Traditions in Germany"
Exclusive Multigenerational Family-Friendly Programme on a select December departure
Call (603) 524-2500 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13165667
- Cruise Line
- Offer valid through 3/31/2017
- 8 Days
- Cruise Ship
- River Queen
Click for more information on this ship.
- Note: Christmas Markets are generally open from the beginning of Advent until December 23.
- Prices listed in US dollars and are per person based on double occupancy
- Prices exclude additional port charges of $175 and are per person, cruise only, based on double occupancy. Other restrictions may apply.
- Airfare is not included in prices listed above. Please inquire at time of booking for best available airfare pricing.
- Prices shown above include cruise in lowest category stateroom.
- Single supplement applies for single accomodation.
- Itineraries and vessels may change, and substitute visits to other sites may occur during your trip due to water level fluctuations and other uncontrollable factors.
- The order of sightseeing and docking ports are subject to change according to port authority assignments.
- For suite amenities (if applicable), please click the "Ship Details" link above.
*Savings are listed in US dollars and are for new bookings only. Savings offers are not combinable. Subject to availability. Capacity controlled. Other restrictions may apply. Uniworld reserves the right to withdraw or change offers at any time. For complete details on all promotions, general information, and terms and conditions applicable to all Uniworld trips, please visit terms and conditions.