Jewels of Spain, Portugal & the Douro River (2017) : Queen Isabel
13 Days From Madrid To Lisbon
A voyage of discovery through the pristine Douro River Valley.
This perfectly paced cruise and tour features the captivating cities, picturesque villages, and unparalleled scenery of an off-the-beaten-path corner of Europe. Starting in Portugal's colorful capital of Lisbon, you'll see the famous Rossio plaza and the spectacular Hieronymites Monastery, as well as the port where the "Age of Exploration" began. Travel through the spectacular countryside to Coimbra, birthplace of six Portuguese kings. In Porto, where the river meets the sea, explore architectural wonders, shop the bustling Rua de Santa Catarina, and sip the city's eponymous Port wines at acclaimed wine cellars. From there, embark on a cruise through the UNESCO-designated Douro Valley, where grapes have been painstakingly cultivated for thousands of years, visiting picturesque quintas and meeting the winemakers who operate them. You'll also visit the Spanish cities of Salamanca, Madrid and Toledo, each with wonders of their own to explore.
All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
12 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 8 dinners
Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, and mineral water
11 days of excursions, including "Choice Is Yours" options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
Guided "Do as the Locals Do" and "Gentle Walking" programs
State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all excursions
7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the chic Queen Isabel
2 nights in Lisbon at the InterContinental Hotel (or similar) with breakfast
3 nights in Madrid at The Westin Palace (or similar) with breakfast
Beautifully appointed riverview staterooms and suites with hotel-style beds, draped in fine linens with a choice of pillows
Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
2 countries: Spain and Portugal
7 UNESCO World Heritage sites
Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
All transfers on arrival and departure days
All gratuities, both onboard and onshore
Captivating onboard local entertainment
Cultural enrichment, including a Signature Lecture: "Portuguese Seafarers and Spanish Explorers"
Call (603) 524-2500 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13314194
- Cruise Line
- Offer valid through 6/30/2017
- 13 Days
- Cruise Ship
- Queen Isabel
Click for more information on this ship.
|Day 5||Barca d'Alva|
- Note: For guests not going to Lisbon, deduct $300 per person from the base cruise/journey price.
- Prices listed in US dollars and are per person based on double occupancy
- Airfare is not included in prices listed above. Please inquire at time of booking for best available airfare pricing.
- Single supplement applies for single accommodation.
- Itineraries, hotels, and vessels may change, and substitute visits to other sites may occur during your trip due to water level fluctuations and other uncontrollable factors.
- The order of sightseeing and docking ports are subject to change according to port authority assignments.
- Additional hotel night special rates may be available. Please ask your travel agent or Uniworld for details.
*Savings are listed in US dollars and are for new bookings only. Savings offers are not combinable. Subject to availability. Capacity controlled. Other restrictions may apply. Uniworld reserves the right to withdraw or change offers at any time. For complete details on all promotions, general information, and terms and conditions applicable to all Uniworld trips, please visit terms and conditions.