Portugal, Spain & the Douro River Valley (2018) : Queen Isabel
11 Days From Lisbon To Porto
An extraordinary journey designed for culturally curious travellers.
Your journey starts in Lisbon, the city that launched some of the world's most renowned explorers. Following the Douro River through Portugal and into Spain, you'll cruise past steeply terraced hillsides, quaint villages and acres of ripe vineyards. Dine on traditional fare in majestic Coimbra, the birthplace of six Portuguese kings; enjoy private tastings of Port; and explore Porto's historic Ribeira district, home to iconic rabelo boats, cutting-edge cuisine and a thriving art scene. Wind your way through the dramatic landscapes of the UNESCO-designated Douro Valley, heading ashore to visit charming quintas and meet the winemakers who operate them. In Salamanca, Spain, you'll see the city's famous university and take in a high-spirited flamenco show. Return to Portugal with a visit to the fortified village of Castelo Rodrigo and historic Guimaraes. There's no better way to discover Europe's best-kept secret than this scenic and all-inclusive river cruise!
All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
10 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners
Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, and mineral water
8 days of excursions, including "Choice Is Yours" options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
Guided "Do as the Locals Do" programs
State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all excursions
Use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks
7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the chic Queen Isabel
3 nights in Lisbon at the InterContinental Lisbon Hotel (or similar) with breakfast
Beautifully appointed riverview staterooms and suites have hotel-style beds draped in fine linens and a choice of pillows
Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
2 countries: Spain and Portugal
7 UNESCO World Heritage sites
Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
All transfers on arrival and departure days
All gratuities, both onboard and onshore
Captivating onboard local entertainment
Cultural enrichment, including a Signature Lecture: "The Magical Douro River Valley"
Call (603) 524-2500 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13314287
- Cruise Line
- Offer valid through 6/30/2017
- 11 Days
- Cruise Ship
- Queen Isabel
Click for more information on this ship.
|Day 6||Cruising the Douro River|
|Day 8||Vega De Terron|
|Day 9||Barca d'Alva|
|Day 10||Cruising the Douro River|
- Note: For guests not going to Lisbon, deduct $600 per person from the base cruise/journey price.
- All fares are per guest in US Dollars based on double occupancy unless otherwise noted.
- Fares are capacity controlled and are subject to change at any time without notice.
- Availability of all stateroom categories cannot be guaranteed.
- Single Supplement applies for single accommodation.
- Itineraries, hotels, and vessels may change, and substitute visits to other sites may occur during your trip due to water level fluctuations and other uncontrollable factors.
- The order of sightseeing and docking ports are subject to change according to port authority assignments.
- Prices exclude additional port charges of $140 per person