Contrasts of Italy Preview 2018
Brochure Type: Preview 2018 USA
Rolling hills of lush green and gold hues flash by as you travel by high-speed train from the ancient capital of Rome north to Venice, stopping in Florence to admire its historical treasures. Cross the Rialto Bridge in search of Marco Polo, cruise to St. Mark's Square and dine amidst three centuries of art and antiquities in the Vatican.
- City tour in Rome, Florence and Venice
- Cruise by private launch to St. Mark's Square in Venice
- In the midst of three centuries of art, history and antiquities at the Vatican's Missionary Ethnological Museum, enjoy a private guided tour and exclusive dinner.
- View the ancient sites in Rome, the Santa Croce Basilica and the Duomo in Florence, the Leaning Tower of Pisa and the Byzantine St. Mark's Basilica in Venice
- Visit St. Peter's Basilica, the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and the Roman Colosseum in Rome and the Academy of Fine Arts in Florence
- 9 hot buffet breakfasts
- 3 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- High-speed train from Rome to Florence in standard class
- High-speed train from Florence to Venice in standard class
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (603) 524-2500 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13627403
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2017
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Arrive Rome (3 Nights): Welcome to Rome, the Eternal City. Relax after your journey or take a stroll through the city's ancient streets. Join your companions and Travel Director this evening for a Welcome Reception and an orientation drive, which will be the perfect introduction to this magical city.Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Rome||Rome Sightseeing - Vatican Experience: This morning your included sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist begins with a visit to St. Peter's Basilica to see Michelangelo's magnificent Pieta. Your tour continues in ancient Rome with a visit to Circus Maximus, where chariot races were once held, and the impressive Colosseum. This afternoon, gain priority access to the Vatican Museums where a Local Specialist will take you on a guided tour. Admire Michelangelo's magnificent frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel when it is less crowded and join an official representative of the Vatican Museums for a private guided tour of the Missionary Ethnological Museum, founded by Pope Pius XI in 1926, with its remarkable collection of artworks and historical relics from missions all over the world. You'll also enjoy an exclusive dinner at the museum in the midst of three centuries of art, history and antiquities. Buffet Breakfast, Regional Meal|
|Day 3||Rome||Rome: Your day is free to see the sights of your choice. Consider taking an Optional Experience to Tivoli to see the house and gardens of the Villa d'Este - a marvellous example of Renaissance landscape architecture. This evening why not make a wish and throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain?Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 4||Florence||Rome - High Speed Train - Florence Sightseeing (3 Nights): Take the high-speed train on a comfortable journey (1 hour 35 minutes) through scenic countryside to Florence, birthplace of the Renaissance. Your Local Specialist shows you a wealth of historical treasures during your walking tour including the Ponte Vecchio. Visit the Fine Arts Academy to see one of the most famous works of the Renaissance - Michelangelo's statue of David. Finish at Piazza della Signoria, featuring wonderful sculptures and palazzi.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Florence||Florence - Excursion to Pisa: Enjoy views of Florence from Piazzale Michelangelo. A short drive along the Arno Valley brings you to Pisa, a former maritime city. Meet your Local Specialist and explore the Square of Miracles and see the famous Leaning Tower and the marble cathedral. See the Baptistery - the largest in Italy - and the cemetery, which is reputedly built on soil brought from the Holy Land. Relax this evening in Florence.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 6||Florence||Florence: Spend the day on your own exploring the delights of this historic and picturesque city. As well as museums and galleries there are beautiful gardens and wonderful palaces to discover such as the Boboli gardens and the Pitti Palace. There are many villages just outside the city where you can buy all manner of local specialities. Or shop for the latest fashions in Florence's elegant and sophisticated boutiques. This evening consider an Optional Experience in Chianti for dinner.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 7||Venice||Florence - High Speed Train - Venice (3 Nights): All aboard the express train for Venice. Marvel at the scenery as you pass through the Apennine Mountains and across the Veneto plain. It takes just over two hours to reach Venice, its ornate Gothic and Renaissance palaces beautifully reflected in the Venetian lagoon. Later consider a gondola ride along enchanting canals.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 8||Venice||Venice Orientation: Enjoy a Cultural Insight into the Venetian tradition of glass making on Giudecca Island. Savour the sights and sounds of this sublime island city as you cruise to St. Mark's Square by private launch. See the Bridge of Sighs, Palladian Churches, the Customs House, St. Mark's Basilica and Campanile as well as the Doge's Palace on your orientation of the city. Spend free time afterwards exploring on your own. Relax and experience 'la dolce vita' at a pavement cafe. You might like to cruise to an island in the lagoon for a delicious meal.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 9||Venice||Secret Venice Walking Tour and visit to the Rialto Food Market: Enjoy a leisurely stroll from your hotel with a Local Specialist along the canals to the famous Rialto Bridge on your guided walking tour, which will reveal a centuries-old food market and narrow 'calle' or streets. Admire the beautiful architecture including Marco Polo's house. The rest of the day is free to see the sights of your choice. Celebrate your trip with your fellow travellers this evening at a Farewell Dinner in a local restaurant.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 10||Depart Venice||Depart Venice: Say 'arrivederci' to Italy and your fellow travellers as this fascinating holiday comes to an end. Transfers are available. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- Cruise Connection: This trip starts or ends in a popular cruise port, so you can combine a cruise with a more in-depth guided holiday in Europe.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class