2018: Grand Tour of Switzerland (6020)
10 days from Zurich to Zurich
ZURICH Novotel City West (F)ST. MORITZ Hotel Baren (ST)LUGANO Ibis (ST)ZERMATT Best Western Butterfly (ST) or Holiday (ST)LAUSANNE AREA Novotel Bussigny (F)LUCERNE AREA Drei Koonige (ST) or or Rothaus (ST)
Call (603) 524-2500 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13882878
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Zurich||Check into your hotel in Zurich. The rest of the day is free for exploring this exciting city. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers. (D)|
|Day 2||St Moritz||A sensational drive today takes you through some of Switzerland's most renowned cantons. Stop in Appenzell to see the Old Town with its 16th-century Town Hall. Continue to the minute Principality of Liechtenstein for a visit of its tiny capital, Vaduz. Pass through scenic 'Heidiland' and into the Rhine Valley before starting the ascent up mighty Julier Pass. Soon, you'll be in the heart of Switzerland's largest canton, the Grisons, where you'll marvel at some of the world's best alpine views. Spend the next two nights in glamorous St. Moritz, host of two Olympic Winter Games (1928 and 1948) and the premier winter retreat of European royalty, celebrities, and the international jet set for more than a century. (B)|
|Day 3||St Moritz||Enjoy a whole day to explore this scenic Engadine valley resort. Renowned for its stunning forest, lake, and mountain setting and an average of 322 days of sunshine per year, St. Moritz is comprised of two villages separated by a mile of lake shore-St. Moritz Dorf and St. Moritz Bad. Extending up the slope from the lake, terraced Dorf is a tapestry of grand hotels, upscale boutiques, and traditional Engadine architecture, characterized by arched wooden doors, small deep-set windows, and artistically etched facades. Meanwhile, neighboring Bad is known for its ice rink, mineral and mud baths, and energetic nightlife. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Lugano||One of Europe's most spectacular train rides, the BERNINA EXPRESS begins today in St. Moritz, whisking you across lofty Bernina Pass via the Swiss Poschiavo area to Tirano in the Italian Valtellina. Here, rejoin your coach and journey to the shores of sparkling Lake Lugano. (B)|
|Day 5||Zermatt||Discover the highlights of charming, subtropical Lugano before traveling to Lake Maggiore, Italy's second-largest lake. Consider joining the optional boat trip for a visit to the garden island of Isola Bella with its splendid 17th-century palazzo (palace). Return to Switzerland via picturesque Simplon Pass and hop aboard a train in Tasch for the only connection to car-free Zermatt, a resort surrounded by Switzerland's highest mountains-including the celebrated Matterhorn. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Lausanne||Time to stroll through town and maybe take a break to sample the local fare, like raclette, fondue, or hand-made chocolate, or to shop for an authentic Swiss watch or Swiss Army Knife. Then, take the train back to Tasch, where you will rejoin the coach and continue your journey through the vineyards and apricot groves of the lower Rhone Valley to crescent-shaped Lake Geneva, one of Europe's largest lakes. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Lausanne||Spend either a whole day at leisure exploring Lausanne and its environs, or join an optional excursion to charming Geneva with its cobblestoned Old Town and the Palais des Nations, European headquarters of the United Nations. (B)|
|Day 8||Lucerne||The first stop today is in picturesque Gruyeres to visit a local CHEESE FACTORY. Then, on to Berne, Switzerland's charming 12th-century capital. The Old Town is a showcase of medieval architecture, arcaded shops, artistic fountains, and the landmark Zytglogge (clock tower), an ornate animated astronomical clock built in 1530. Travel on, skirting the shores of Lake Thun, and stop in the renowned resort of Interlaken for a visit before crossing Brunig Pass to Lucerne. Tonight, why not join an optional folklore evening, complete with yodeling and alphorn blowing? (B)|
|Day 9||Zurich||Discover the wonders of Lucerne, a city straight out of a storybook. Situated on Lake Lucerne in the shadows of the snowcapped Alps, your visit takes in the highlights, including cobblestone streets lined with frescoed homes, the world-famous CHAPEL BRIDGE, and the poignant LION MONUMENT. Perhaps choose from a wonderful selection of optional activities-the most popular is an excursion to Stanserhorn mountain. Return to Zurich for an overnight. (B)|
|Day 10||Zurich||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $468No triple room reduction.Extra nights per person in Zurich:in single room $173-$224; in twin /in triple $94-$120
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).