Your escorted tour of Morocco is an escape from the crowds typically found at busier times of the year. Begin your vacation with a welcome dinner in legendary Casablanca. Follow North Africa's infamous Barbary Coast to the capital-city Rabat-once the haven for 16th-century pirates-and take a drive to see the massive medieval battlements and Royal Palace. Throughout the week, you'll encounter incredible historic and cultural sites. Marvel at the architecture and history of Meknes-the 11th-century military settlement, turned into an impressive city in the Spanish-Moorish style by the legendary Sultan Moulay Ismail. On your guided sightseeing tour, you'll see the monumental gated walls that surround the city, elaborate mosques, the palace, and you'll also visit the Royal Stables-built by the Sultan to house 12,000 royal horses. Continue to Fez, considered to be Morocco's spiritual and artistic center, and see the magnificent entrance to the Royal Palace. Drive through the old Jewish quarter, travel to the traditional entrance to Old Fez at Bab Bou Jeloud, and follow your Local Guide through the labyrinthine streets of its Medina and the remarkable architecture of the Medersa Bou Inania. Next stop is the vibrant oasis of Marrakesh. Explore the 'Red City' amid its sandstone walls and buildings with your Local Guide. You'll visit Bahia Palace, the Saadian Tombs (or Badia Palace), the Djemaa El-Fna town center and colorful marketplace. Return to Casablanca, for panoramic drive to visit the Hassan II Mosque. Then, top it all off with a delicious farewell dinner to celebrate your Moroccan Escape!
Call (603) 524-2500 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13884009
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Casablanca||Welcome to Casablanca! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Fez||Follow North Africa's infamous Barbary Coast to Rabat, once a lair of the corsairs and now the country's capital. Enjoy an orientation drive to see the massive medieval battlements, the Royal Palace, and more. Continue to Meknes. Originally founded as a military settlement it was transformed into an impressive city in Spanish-Moorish style during the reign of Sultan Moulay Ismail. During your guided sightseeing, admire the monumental gates of the city walls, the mosques, and the palace. Visit the ROYAL STABLES, constructed to house 12,000 of the royal horses. Next is Fez. Blessed with an ample supply of water and strategically situated, Fez became the capital of Morocco when the country shook off foreign rule under Berber King Idris in the 8th century. To this day, Fez has remained Morocco's spiritual and artistic center. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Fez||View the magnificent entrance to the Royal Palace, drive through the Mellah, the old Jewish quarter, and travel on to Bab Bou Jeloud, the traditional entrance to Old Fez. Your Local Guide also leads you through labyrinthine MEDINA and MEDERSA BOU INANIA. Tonight, an optional folklore dinner completes a fascinating day. (B)|
|Day 4||Marrakesh||A scenic drive through this fascinating country will take you to Marrakesh, beautifully located in an oasis, and also known as the 'Red City' for its red walls and red sandstone buildings. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Marrakesh||Follow your Local Guide and visit BAHIA PALACE, the 16th-century SAADIAN TOMBS (if closed, visit the BADIA PALACE instead), and to DJEMAA EL-FNA, the vibrant town center dominated by the 222-foot-high Koutoubia Minaret. In the evening, an exciting optional excursion is available. (B)|
|Day 6||Casablanca||Return to Casablanca and join your Local Guide, on a panoramic drive, featuring a visit to the HASSAN II MOSQUE, a splendid monument designed to mark the end of the century. This evening, [LF] a farewell dinner at one of Casablanca's lively restaurants celebrates your Moroccan Escape. (B,D). |
|Day 7||Casablanca||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person in single, double, or triple room occupancy. The single supplement waiver and single room capacity is limited, please call for availability.All Escapes by Globus tours and departures are excluded from the following Globus discounts: Book Early & Save, Journeys Club discount, Second Tour discount and Small Group discount. Extra nights per person in Casablanca: in single room $76, in twin $58, in triple $55
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).