GLOBUS 2018: The Best of Eastern Europe (RO)
14 days from Berlin to Berlin
Call (603) 524-2500 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13884449
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 14 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Berlin||Welcome to Berlin! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Berlin||Sightseeing with a Local Guide in the once-divided metropolis includes the Ku'damm, the restored Reichstag, a picture stop at monumental Brandenburg Gate and the Holocaust Memorial, Charlottenburg Palace, and the 210-foot Victory Column in the vast Tiergarten park. Visit the KAISER WILHELM MEMORIAL CHURCH (on Sunday, inside guided visit not possible), drive along Unter den Linden boulevard, and pass the German State Opera House and Checkpoint Charlie. To enhance your stay, why not join an optional excursion to historic Potsdam? (B)|
|Day 3||Warsaw||Cross the Polish border, enjoy vistas of rural life in the fertile central plains, and take a break in historic Poznan on your way to Warsaw. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Warsaw||Your Local Guide will tell you about the tormented, often tragic history of this important gateway city between East and West. See the medieval Stare Miasto (Old Quarter) with its market square and 14th-century CATHEDRAL OF ST. JOHN, the 'wedding cake' Palace of Culture and Science, neoclassical Lazienki Palace, and the remnants of the Jewish ghetto. Later, [LF] attend a PRIVATE CHOPIN CONCERT. (B)|
|Day 5||Krakow||A fascinating morning: visit JASNA GORA, the monastery near Czestochowa, and admire its BLACK MADONNA, which is venerated as the 'Queen of Poland' and has become the country's national symbol. Next, stop in Auschwitz to visit what is left of the CONCENTRATION CAMP, a chilling reminder of the Holocaust. Evening arrival in Krakow. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Krakow||This morning, there is a chance to join an optional excursion to the Wieliczka salt mines. Later, guided sightseeing in ancient Krakow features a walking tour of the KAZIMIERZ QUARTER, a picture stop at Wawel Castle, and a visit to ST. MARY'S CHURCH. Tonight, why not join an optional Polish dinner and folklore show? (B)|
|Day 7||Budapest||A scenic drive through the heart of mountainous and densely wooded Slovakia, where brown bears still roam free, brings you to Donovaly, a popular ski resort in the Tatra Mountains. Continue to Budapest, proud capital of Hungary. This evening, you may wish to join an optional private dinner cruise on the Danube River, the perfect introduction to this fascinating city. (B)|
|Day 8||Budapest||Your Local Guide takes you through Eastern Europe's most cosmopolitan city. See elegant Andrassy Avenue, the Thermal Baths, and the world's second-largest Jewish synagogue. From the lacy lookout towers of Fishermen's Bastion, enjoy a panoramic view of the sprawling city. Then, visit the 13th-century MATTHIAS CORONATION CHURCH and Heroes' Square. Afternoon at leisure. Tonight, a delectable optional Hungarian specialty dinner can be arranged. (B)|
|Day 9||Vienna||Drive through the Hungarian plains to Vienna, once the center of the mighty Habsburg Empire. Meet your Local Guide and start your sightseeing with vistas of Prater park with its giant Ferris wheel. Then, drive along the elegant Ringstrasse. Pass the impressive State Opera House, the Jewish quarter, and stop at the Hofburg Palace, winter residence of the Austrian imperial family. Marvel at the impressive courtyards and famous Heldenplatz, and visit awesome ST. STEPHEN'S CATHEDRAL. (B)|
|Day 10||Vienna||A whole day at leisure offers you the opportunity to join exciting optional excursions to the capital of Slovakia, Bratislava, and a concert in one of Vienna's concert halls, or to just explore this magnificent city on your own. (B)|
|Day 11||Prague||Cross the Czech border and enter Moravia. Stop in one of the most beautiful towns in the Czech Republic, [LF] Telc, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, where a light lunch with local specialties awaits you. In the afternoon, drive through the rich farmlands of Moravia and Bohemia to Prague. Tonight is your chance to join an optional outing to explore Prague by night. (B,L,D)|
|Day 12||Prague||Guided sightseeing includes a visit to HRADCANY CASTLE GROUNDS. Also see St. Vitus Cathedral, the Old Town, the Jewish ghetto, and the ASTRONOMICAL CLOCK, once the envy of all Europe. Then, [LF] taste a Trdelnik, the famous rolled pastry topped with sugar and walnut mix. Balance of the day at leisure. (B)|
|Day 13||Berlin||Re-enter Germany and stop in Dresden, the former capital of Saxony. Badly damaged by Allied bombing in February 1945, the city has since been restored to its baroque splendor. During your walking tour, admire the architecture of the Zwinger Palace and Semper Opera. Next, return to Berlin, where a special farewell dinner awaits you at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 14||Berlin||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $723Triple room reduction per person: $54Extra nights per person in Berlin:in single room $131-$243, in twin $82-$137, in triple $78-$115
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).