Brochure Type: AWS Europe and Britain 1819
Enjoy a taste of la dolce vita and explore the larger-than-life verve of an ancient city that has influenced the world's heritage, art, culture and religion. Sit on the Spanish Steps, admire Michelangelo's frescoed ceiling at the Sistine Chapel and enjoy a traditional Italian dinner with a local family at their iconic Rome address.
- City tour in Rome
- View the Spanish Steps, Bernini's Fountain of Four Rivers and the ancient sites of Rome including Circus Maximus
- Visit the Roman Catacombs, the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, St. Peter's Basilica, The Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, the Colosseum and Tivoli Gardens at Villa d'Este
- 7 hot buffet breakfasts
- 1 lunch
- 3 dinners with local wine
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (603) 524-2500 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14014931
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Arrive Rome (7 Nights): Celebrate a masterpiece that spans millennia. Delve into the fascinating culture and ancient heritage of the Eternal City of Rome - its great squares, meandering alleys and ancient treasures are yours to explore At Leisure before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening for a Welcome Reception at a traditional Pizzeria.Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Rome||Rome Market Visit - Cooking Experience and Ancient Rome Sightseeing: Jostle with the locals to get your pick of the best fruits and vegetables at a local food market this morning, where you'll join your insider host for a Cultural Insight into Rome's vibrant gourmet scene. Ramble through the Jewish Quarter and sample delicious specialities in the neighbourhood bakeries, before arriving at Fooxia for a cooking course with a professional chef. Learn the art of making authentic Italian pasta like only Mamma can and sample your successes afterwards. Our appetite appeased, we venture to Ancient Rome with a Local Specialist this afternoon to visit the impressive Colosseum and see Circus Maximus which was once the site for exciting chariot races.Buffet Breakfast, Lunch|
|Day 3||Rome||Rome City Highlights Walking tour and Catacombs Visit: Set your watch to Italian time, enjoying a leisurely start to your day before joining a walking tour with a Local Specialist through the quaint cobblestone streets of Rome. Visit the Baroque-styled Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain, tossing a coin to secure your speedy return to Rome. We venture into Ancient Rome for a visit to the breathtaking Pantheon, the best preserved building in the city, wander through charming piazze and admire the city's imposing monuments, including Bernini's Fountain of Four Rivers. Spend time relaxing with the locals before leaving the city centre to visit the ancient catacombs in the company of a Local Specialist who will reveal fascinating insights into the city's Christian history. Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 4||Rome||Rome At Leisure: Spend the day at leisure, sauntering past the sights or relaxing with a coffee and cornetti to soak up the authentic atmosphere of Rome. Make this free day in Rome count, venture up the Palatine Hill for spectacular views of Ancient Rome, meander along Via Veneto to do some shopping, or relax in the serene gardens of Villa Borghese. Your Travel Director will be able to suggest activities such as museums, shopping or sightseeing in the city. Get a real taste of the city with Trafalgar's exclusive Eatwith Optional Experiences. Share delicious traditional flavours with a local family in their home. Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Rome||Rome - Vatican and Sistine Chapel Visit: The morning is yours to continue your leisurely exploration of the glories of Rome before venturing to St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican City. This afternoon, we gain priority access to The Vatican Museums where a Local Specialist will take us on a guided tour. Admire Michelangelo's magnificent frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel when it is less crowded and more peaceful. Tonight enjoy a Regional Meal at a local restaurant. Buffet Breakfast, Regional Meal|
|Day 6||Rome||Rome At Leisure or Optional Experience to Pompeii: Trace the footsteps of ancient philosophers, senators and emperors as you enjoy a free day to explore Rome on your terms. Your Travel Director will give you suggestions on how to spend your day. Alternatively, you may wish to take an Optional Experience to visit the tragic remains of Pompeii, the victim of a devastating volcanic eruption in 79 AD.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 7||Rome||Tivoli Villa d'Este Gardens Visit and Roman Farewell Dinner: We travel to the historic hill-town of Tivoli today, joining our Local Specialist for a guided tour of the enchanting and serene UNESCO World Heritage Italian gardens of Villa d'Este. This Roman retreat with spectacular fountains, pools and exquisite architectural elements had an enormous influence on European landscape design. This evening, we meet for a unique Cultural Insight into local living, joining our hosts in their Isola Tiberina apartment, which once belonged to the famous film director Michelangelo Antonioni, amongst other famous inhabitants. Our hosts will prepare a delicious and memorable meal for you to enjoy with your fellow travel companions. Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 8||Depart Rome||Depart Rome: After breakfast, say farewell to Rome and your newfound friends as you prepare to return home after a memorable At Leisure sojourn in one of the world's greatest cities. Transfers to Rome Fiumicino Airport are available. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- Why not extend your holiday by adding another City Explorer to this trip? For itinerary and departure details see WLON 'London Explorer' or WPAR 'Paris Explorer'.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class