Visit some of Italy's most iconic, romantic, and stunning locations on your escorted tour of Italy: from legendary Venice to Florence, Rome, and Sorrento. With fewer crowds and lower pricing, you'll enjoy your time in Italy even more. What better way to start your Escape than with a delicious welcome dinner in Venice? Your Venetian experience also includes a private boat ride, a guided walking tour; a visit to St. Mark's Square, its byzantine Basilica, the Doges' Palace, and the Bridge of Sighs. Also witness the age-old art of glassblowing by a local artisan. Travel to Pisa-home of the famous leaning tower-before continuing on to Florence, considered the 'Cradle of the Renaissance'. Florence is an art-lovers dream, and your sightseeing highlights this and includes Michelangelo's David in the Academy of Fine Arts. You'll also travel to Assisi to visit the Basilica of St. Francis-named after the saint who sought the virtues of humility, forgiveness, simplicity, and best known for his love of God's creatures. Spend two nights in Rome. Your Local Guide takes you to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, where you will see Michelangelo's The Last Judgment. You'll visit St. Peter's Square and Basilica-with the artists' marble-sculpted masterpiece, The Pieta. Drive to the Imperial Roman Forum area to see the Colosseum-ancient arena of the gladiators, and be treated to dinner in a local restaurant. Journey along the Highway of the Sun to Pompeii-the legendary city both destroyed and preserved by erupting Mt. Vesuvius. Get a sense of life during Rome's ruling era with your expert Local Guide, then, continue to Sorrento for two nights. You'll enjoy a full day of leisure in this charming bayside resort. Your Tour Director will share suggestions for spending free time in Sorrento. This is one vacation you'll remember not for the crowds, but for the ease of discovering these beautiful cities and sites of Bella Italia and Sorrento!
Call (603) 524-2500 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14358071
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2019
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Venice Island||Welcome to Venice! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at a local restaurant. (D)|
|Day 2||Venice Island||After a PRIVATE BOAT RIDE, follow your Local Guide on a walking tour and visit ST. MARK'S SQUARE with its byzantine Basilica, lavish DOGES' PALACE, and the BRIDGE OF SIGHS. Also, watch a skilled GLASSBLOWER fashion delicate objects in an age-old traditional manner. You may wish to enjoy an optional gondola serenade. (B)|
|Day 3||Florence||A scenic drive across the Apennines brings you to Pisa. In the spectacular Square of Miracles, take the traditional picture pushing back the amazing Leaning Tower, 180 feet high and no less than 12 feet out of the perpendicular. Arrive in Florence, 'Cradle of the Renaissance.' Tonight is your chance to try out Tuscan specialties. (B)|
|Day 4||Assisi||This morning, follow your Local Guide to the ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS to see Michelangelo's celebrated statue of David. Also admire the magnificent marble cathedral, Giotto's Bell Tower, the Baptistry's heavy bronze 'Gates of Paradise,' and the sculpture-studded SIGNORIA SQUARE. Continue to peaceful Assisi. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Rome||This morning, a friar will accompany you on a [LF] visit to the BASILICA OF ST. FRANCIS, the hub of a religious order devoted to the ideals of humility, forgiveness, simplicity, and love for all God's creatures. Tonight, in the 'Eternal City,' an optional dinner is available at one of Rome's famous restaurants. (B)|
|Day 6||Rome||Guided sightseeing includes inside visits to the VATICAN MUSEUMS and SISTINE CHAPEL with Michelangelo's The Last Judgment, monumental ST. PETER'S SQUARE, and BASILICA to admire Michelangelo's Pieta. Drive to the area of the Imperial Roman Forum and see the Colosseum, where gladiators once fought. An optional walking tour with a Local Guide is available to further explore famous sites. This evening, a enjoy dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Sorrento||Take a scenic drive south along the Highway of the Sun. Arrive in fascinating POMPEII, the Roman city both destroyed and preserved by an eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD. Your Local Guide will walk you past patrician homes, public baths, and commercial districts that strikingly recall day-to-day life when Rome was at the apex of her power. Continue further south past Naples and arrive in Sorrento. (B)|
|Day 8||Sorrento||On an orientation walk with your Tour Director see the Old Town's characteristic lava-stone streets and the Sedil Dominova building, the ancient bell tower, and Sant'Antonino Church dedicated to Sorrento's patron saint. Your Tour Director will have suggestions on how to spend the rest of the day. This evening, a farewell dinner awaits at your hotel. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Sorrento||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (The nearest airport is Naples.) (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person in single, double, or triple room occupancy. The single supplement waiver and single room capacity is limited, please call for availability.All Escapes by Globus tours and departures are excluded from the following Globus discounts: Book Early & Save, Welcome Back Credit, Second Tour discount and Small Group discount. Extra nights per person in Venice: in single room from $93 to $210, in twin from $92 to $176, in triple from $85 to $153 Extra nights per person in Sorrento: in single room $124, in twin $90, in triple $79
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).