Say, 'Hola,' to Spain on this escape to the land of Flamenco music and dance, inviting beaches, and enticing cuisine. Life is a fiesta here, and you can experience it without the crowds-and even better-without the high-season prices. From its world-class art, historical sights, and magnificent cathedrals to its sunny climate and scrumptious cuisine, this is the best way to see the highlights of Spain in a short time! On this Spain tour, you'll stay overnight in Madrid, Seville, Granada, Valencia, and Barcelona. Guided sightseeing and walking tours present you with Spain's must-see attractions.History buffs will be delighted by a visit to Seville's magnificent Casa de Pilatos with its splendid collection of Roman sculptures. In Granada, visit the Alhambra complex and the Water Gardens of the Generalife, the oldest decorative garden in the Western world. An orientation drive in Valencia highlights Roman, Moorish, and Spanish history. If you're interested in art and architecture, you'll be thrilled by a visit to Madrid's Prado Museum, which houses 8,000 pieces of Western paintings. In Barcelona, visit the amazing Sagrada Familia Basilica, the masterpiece of architect Gaudi. But that's not all?you'll also enjoy a special farewell dinner at a local restaurant in Barcelona. These are just a few of the experiences and sights included on this tour. From the historical sights and beautiful art and architecture to the delectable treats and special experiences, this Spanish Escape is sure to leave you with plenty of memories to share with loved ones back home. So pack your camera and get ready for a marvelous guided Spain vacation at a price that screams, 'Let's go!'
Call (603) 524-2500 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14358183
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2019
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Madrid||Welcome to Madrid! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Madrid||The capital since 1561, Madrid today is a strikingly modern city, the showcase of a country resolutely turned towards the future. Your Local Guide takes you to the Puerta del Sol, Plaza de Espana with its monument to Cervantes, the Parliament, Cibeles Fountain, elegant Calle Alcala, and Paseo de Castellana. Then, the highlight: a visit to the palatial PRADO MUSEUM with its priceless art treasures. To make the most of your stay, an optional excursion to Toledo is available. (B)|
|Day 3||Seville||A scenic drive through the arid landscapes of Don Quixote's La Mancha brings you to Cordoba, for an orientation walk through the winding, stone-paved streets of the medieval city. Then, continue to Seville, the vibrant, festive capital of Andalusia. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Seville||Meet your Local Guide, and hear about the city's role in Roman times, its conquest by the Moors in 712 AD, and its contribution to the discovery of the New World. Admire Maria Luisa Park, the Golden Tower on the Guadalquivir River, and the university that was once the tobacco factory of Carmen fame. Also, visit the magnificent CASA DE PILATOS, a mixture of Moorish and Roman architecture with a splendid collection of Roman sculptures. Then, stroll through the narrow lanes of the charming SANTA CRUZ QUARTER. An optional extended guided visit to the cathedral is also available. Tonight, for a truly Andalusian night out, reserve a seat at our optional Flamenco show. (B)|
|Day 5||Granada||Sightseeing with a Local Guide features Granada's main attraction: the ALHAMBRA COMPLEX. The mighty yet graceful citadel was planned by 13th-century Moorish ruler Al Ahamar. A fantasy of 'lace in stone' surrounded by arabesque gardens and fountains, it affords superb views of the Old Quarter and Sacromonte, a mountain occupied by Gypsy cave dwellers. Also, amble through the magnificent WATER GARDENS OF THE GENERALIFE, the royal summer residence. (B)|
|Day 6||Valencia||Cross the Mora Pass to see troglodyte cave dwellings hollowed out of the soft tufa stone, near Purullena and Guadix, on your way to Valencia-a former royal capital. During your orientation drive, Valencia's Roman, Moorish, and Spanish history come alive. Admire the magnificent La Seo Cathedral and enjoy time on your own to discover the Old Town. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Barcelona||Follow the coast to Barcelona, Spain's second-largest city and host of the 1992 Olympic Games. (B)|
|Day 8||Barcelona||Sightseeing with a Local Guide features the Columbus Monument, Plaza de Cataluna, and Paseo de Gracia. Visit Gaudi's masterpiece, the spectacular SAGRADA FAMILIA BASILICA, followed by a panoramic view of the city and harbor from Montjuic Hill. This afternoon, an optional excursion to Montserrat can be arranged, and this evening, enjoy a flavorful [LF] farewell dinner with Sangria at a local restaurant to bid adios to your traveling companions. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Barcelona||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person in single, double or triple room occupancy. The single supplement waiver and single room capacity is limited, please call for availability.All Escapes by Globus tours and departures are excluded from the following Globus discounts: Book Early & Save, Welcome Back Credit, Second Tour discount and Small Group discount.Extra nights per person in Madrid:in single room $80, in twin $78, in triple $76Extra nights per person in Barcelona:in single room from $152 to $334, in twin from $96 to $202, in triple from $85 to $181
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).