Iceland is a country known for its natural wonders: glaciers, active volcanoes, black-sand beaches, geothermal areas, roaring rivers, majestic waterfalls, and beautiful lakes. On this Iceland tour, you will start and end in Reykjavik, and you'll witness these natural wonders while enjoying fun and unique experiences. Scenic highlights include mighty Gullfoss waterfall and Gooafoss, known as the "Waterfall of the Gods." Take pictures at Dettifoss, the most powerful waterfall in Europe (road conditions permitting). Drive by Eyjafjallajokull volcano, well known for the eruption that generated the massive ash cloud in 2010, and through the national park at Skaftafell to the Vik area. Enjoy a scenic drive to the lovely blue Lake Myvatn. In one of Iceland's prettiest areas and with volcanic craters throughout the lake, it is teeming with bird life and is known for its geothermal activity. Also watch how Europe's largest glacier, Vatnajokull, flows into Lake Jokulsarlon, forming icebergs. Globus has also included some out-of-the-ordinary experiences to make your Iceland vacation special. In Thingvellir, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, walk through the rift valley that marks the separation between the North American and European tectonic plates. In Geysir, meet the chef of the restaurant in the geothermal areas, where you'll taste freshly baked bread cooked using the heat from the hot springs. You'll wash it down with a glass of Geysir schnapps. Another unique and unforgettable experience Globus offers is a boat cruise to see whales in their natural habitat! These are just some of the many highlights of this Iceland guided tour. Be sure to bring your camera so you can capture the stunning scenery and fun experiences on this wonderful vacation.
Call (603) 524-2500 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14472353
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2019
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Reykjavik||Welcome to Reykjavik! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Borgarnes||After an orientation drive of cosmopolitan Reykjavik, enjoy an interesting visit to the geothermal heat and electric POWER STATION in Hellisheioarvirkjun. Next, see the hot springs at the Geysir geothermal area and look forward to meeting the chef of the Geysir restaurant. [LF] Taste freshly baked bread, which is cooked using the heat from the hot springs, with Icelandic butter, boiled eggs and herring, and a glass of Geysir schnapps, served at freezing point. Then, marvel at the mighty Gullfoss waterfall and stop in [LF] Thingvellir, a geological paradise. Here, you will walk through the rift valley that marks the separation between the North American and European tectonic plates. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Akureyri||A real treat! At Hauganes, embark for an unforgettable experience: [LF] watch whales in their natural habitat! Continue to Akureyri for your overnight stay. (B,D)|
|Day 4||BORGARFJORDUR EYSTRI||During your orientation of the capital of northern Iceland, hear about the city's history after it was established as a trading center in 1602. Visit the BOTANICAL GARDEN, featuring specimens of almost all native Icelandic plants. Then, admire Gooafoss, known as the 'Waterfall of the Gods.' Enjoy a scenic drive to the lovely blue Lake Myvatn, teeming with bird life in one of Iceland's prettiest areas, and stop at the Myvatn Nature Baths, a set of geothermally heated pools and steem baths. Before arriving in Borgarfjorour Eystri, take pictures of the most powerful waterfall in Europe, Dettifoss (road conditions permitting). You may even see puffins, known as the 'clown of the sea' (end of April to mid-August). (B,D)|
|Day 5||Hofn||In the morning, enjoy a 'Meet the Locals' walking tour and hear about life in the rural Icelandic countryside over the centuries. Follow the eastern coast, where the first Irish missionaries settled some 200 years ago, and arrive in Hofn. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Vik area||Prepare for the highlight of the day: [LF] stop at Lake Jokulsarlon, where some of the most spectacular scenes of the James Bond movie Die Another Day were filmed. Watch how the largest glacier in Europe, Vatnajokull, flows into the lake, forming icebergs. An exciting optional boat trip is available through the icebergs (mid-May to September, weather permitting). Drive through the national park at Skaftafell and arrive at your overnight hotel. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Reykjavik||Along the South shore enjoy views of the Eyjafjallajokull volcano, well known for the eruption that generated the massive ash cloud in 2010, then stop at spectacular Seljalandsfoss waterfall before returning to Reykjavik. This afternoon, join an optional excursion to the Blue Lagoon. Tonight, a farewell dinner awaits at one of Reykjavik's fine restaurants to celebrate your Icelandic Adventure. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Reykjavik||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $990-$1,280Triple room reduction per person: $70Extra nights per person in Reykjavik:in single room $318-$542, in twin $206-$321, in triple $212-$294
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).