GLOBUS 2020: Oregon's Coast, Cascades & Craft Beers (NB)
8 days from Portland to Portland
Explore the Pacific Northwest to experience the beauty, bounty, and craft beers of the Oregon coast. Your guided tour of Oregon begins in Portland. Enjoy sightseeing in the avant-garde city's eclectic atmosphere, and be treated to a special Brewer's Dinner at a famous Portland brewery. You'll travel east to towards Mount Hood, visiting a mammoth waterfall and onto the Hood River Valley known for its bountiful orchards. Relax with an evening of leisure in one of Bend's many breweries, restaurants, or nightclubs. Take a trip to Crater Lake National Park, and stay overnight in Medford, with plenty of spots for dinner and local craft brews. Pass orchards, creameries, and vineyards on your way to the coastal town of Florence, and take a dune buggy ride along the shore. In Newport, learn about brewing practices, cooperage, and distillery practices of making great craft beer. You'll also visit the Tillamook Cheese Factory, tour Cape Meares State Park, and take in the spectacular ocean views from Astoria. Your guided vacation in Oregon is a Pacific Northwest experience you won't want to miss.
Call (603) 524-2500 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14472605
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2019
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Portland||Welcome to Portland! At 6 pm, meet your fellow traveling companions for a welcome drink. Your Tour Director will prepare you for your upcoming adventure.|
|Day 2||Portland||Morning sightseeing featuring the city's eclectic neighborhoods, Pioneer Courthouse Square with its famous food carts, and Washington Park, home of the International Rose Test Gardens. This afternoon is at leisure to explore on your own. Why not visit Portland's Saturday Market and pick up a handmade souvenir, enjoy a delicious creation at Voodoo Doughnut, or explore Powell's Bookstore-the largest bookstore in the world? This evening, a special [LF] BREWER'S DINNER at WIDMER BROTHERS BREWING, famous for its Hefeweizen. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Bend||This morning, travel east taking in vistas of famous Mount Hood, towering over the valley below at 11,239 feet. Visit MULTNOMAH FALLS, a 611-foot-tall roaring and awe-inspiring cascade of icy water. Then onto Hood River to visit a [LF] LOCAL ORCHARD, where you'll have a chance to sample some of the region's delicious produce and enjoy a special treat. Continue to the picturesque city of Bend for a 2-night stay. This evening is at leisure to explore some of Bend's 27 breweries, restaurants, and vibrant nightlife. (B)|
|Day 4||Bend||After a morning at leisure, enjoy lunch and a tasting at DESCHUTES BREWERY & PUBLIC HOUSE. You may wish to try some of Deschutes' first beers, like Black Butte Porter and Mirror Pond Pale Ale. The remainder of the day is at your leisure. You may want to browse the downtown area's many shops and art galleries, take a Segway City Sights tour, stroll along the Deschutes River, or jump on the Bend Brew Bus for a unique tour that visits four different breweries. (B,L)|
|Day 5||Medford||Today is devoted to CRATER LAKE NATIONAL PARK. Founded in 1902, Crater Lake is the fifth-oldest national park in the United States. Here, you'll discover a deep-blue lake created by the eruption and collapse of Mount Mazama almost 7,000 years ago. Don't forget your camera, as photo opportunities abound! Next, make your way to Medford. Your hotel is centrally located and within walking distance to shops, restaurants, and several craft breweries. (B,L)|
|Day 6||Newport||Travel west as you make your way past orchards, creameries, and vineyards on your way to the coastal town of Florence. Enjoy a [LF] DUNE BUGGY ride as you ascend and descend the impressive dunes and along the ocean beach. This evening, visit ROGUE BREWERY, learn about their sustainable brewing practices, their distillery, and traditional cooperage. After the tour, enjoy dinner and a tasting of Rogue's most popular beers. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Astoria||Today, we visit the TILLAMOOK CHEESE factory, where you can take a tour, and try samples. Next, explore more of Oregon's beautiful coast as we visit CAPE MEARES STATE PARK to see the historic lighthouse and admire incredible views of the Pacific Ocean. Don't miss the famous Octopus Tree. Continue to Astoria, located on the mouth of the Columbia River. This evening, join your Tour Director and fellow travel companions to enjoy a farewell dinner made with local ingredients and complimented with some of Oregon's best beers and wine. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Portland||This morning, visit the ASTORIA COLUMN for spectacular views of the city and Pacific Ocean below. Next, travel back to Portland for your homebound flights. Please schedule flights after 2 pm. The tour ends at the Marriott Downtown Waterfront hotel in Portland for guests with extra nights. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director and driver are available for pre-purchase. Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy. Single Room Supplement: $790 to $1,000 Triple Room Reduction per person: $180 to $235Extra Nights per person in Portland: June & September: in single room $264; in twin room $138; in triple room $100July-August: in single room $341; in twin room $176; in triple room $126
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).