Brochure Type: Preview Europe 2020 USA
Visit the Vatican before the crowds, journey through striking Tuscan landscapes and cruise along the canals of Venice. You'll also encounter the Renaissance highlights of Florence and Leaning Tower of Pisa.
- VIP ADMISSION to the Vatican Museums
- CITY TOUR in Rome and Florence
- ORIENTATION of Venice, Verona and Pisa
- VISIT St. Peter's Basilica, the Sistine Chapel and the Colosseum in Rome
- CRUISE by private launch to St. Mark's Square in Venice
- VIEW the ancient sites of Rome, the Byzantine St. Mark's Basilica, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, Santa Croce Basilica and the Duomo in Florence
- 6 hot buffet breakfasts
- 4 dinners (including Be My Guest) with local wine
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Trip Highlights
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and a professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (603) 524-2500 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14499732
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2019
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Arrive Rome (2 Nights): Indulge all your senses in the imperial city of Rome, your introduction to a memorable encounter with Italy which will have you returning for more. Spend your afternoon relaxing after your journey, or explore the ancient city streets before joining your Travel Director and travel companions for a Welcome Reception. This evening, we take an orientation drive past Rome's most magnificent sights which we will have an opportunity to explore tomorrow.|
|Day 2||Rome||Rome Sightseeing and Free Time: Our encounter with Rome begins in the Holy See as we visit the Vatican Museums in the company of a Local Specialist to admire the masterpieces that have been collected by Popes throughout the centuries. Gaining priority admission, we admire the magnificent frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel when it is less crowded and visit St. Peter's Basilica, the greatest church in Christendom, to see Michelangelo's sorrowful Pieta. Crossing the Tiber, we venture into Ancient Rome to visit the imposing Colosseum and view Circus Maximus, once the site of tremendous chariot races. Spend a leisurely afternoon exploring Rome. Sit on the Spanish Steps or toss a coin in the Trevi Fountain to secure your speedy return to Rome.|
|Day 3||Venice||Rome - Venice: This morning, we venture through the valley of the Tiber north into the green and golden landscapes of Umbria. We pass the hilltop towns of Orte and Orvieto, travelling through Tuscany's terraced olive groves and the Appenine Mountains bound for Venice, the Queen of the Adriatic.|
Novotel Mestre Castellana
|Day 4||Verona||Venice Orientation - Verona: We cruise by private launch to the city's most prominent sights, including views of the Bridge of Sighs, St. Mark's Square, St. Mark's Basilica and the ornate Doge's Palace. 'Dive Into Culture' witnessing first-hand the intricate craft of glassblowing. Soak up the pageantry and elegance of Venice before continuing to Verona, home of Shakespeare's ill-fated lovers Romeo and Juliet, where we'll spend the night.|
|Day 5||Florence||Verona - Pisa - Florence: Pisa's UNESCO-listed Square of Miracles is our first stop today where we will have the opportunity to view the Leaning Tower before arriving in Florence. Explore the birthplace of the Renaissance and home to the Medici dynasty, whose penchant for beautiful art and architecture created one of the cultural centres of the world. Tonight we 'Connect With Locals' over a Be My Guest dinner in the Chianti countryside.|
|Day 6||Rome||Florence Sightseeing - Rome: We join a Local Specialist today to delve into the rich medieval and Renaissance history of Florence. Our sightseeing tour will take us to the Piazza della Signoria with its impressive sculptures and imposing palazzi. Wandering through the narrow streets, we encounter the multi-coloured marble Duomo and famous Baptistery. We'll learn about the quality and workmanship of one of this city's historic industries at a demonstration of Florentine leathercraft. Next, we'll view the 674-year-old Ponte Vecchio, a spectacular feat of engineering dating from the Middle Ages and today lined with jewellers, art dealers and souvenir shops. Our journey continues through Umbria to the valley of the Tiber River and back to Rome. Toast to a memorable holiday with newfound friends at a Farewell Dinner.|
|Day 7||Rome||Depart Rome: After breakfast, it's time to say a fond arrivederci to Rome, Italy and your travel companions as you return home with wonderful memories of this magnificent destination. Transfers are available. Conditions apply.|
- International Air: Trafalgar guarantees to quote you the lowest possible airfare available on the day that you book. Please note that airfares are not included.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class