Melbournes Food and Wine Discovery Summer 2019
Brochure Type: Australia and New Zealand DT and SB 2019
All aboard for a scenic steam train journey through the beautiful forests and lush fern gullies of Victoria's Dandenong Ranges with a Trafalgar Highlight - lunch at Rochford Winery.
- 3 hot buffet breakfasts
- 1 lunch
- 1 dinner
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most regions or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Porterage, local tips and charges
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver, Driver Guide only on Mini-Stays
- All hotel charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (603) 524-2500 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14500120
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2019
- 4 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Melbourne||Arrive Melbourne (3 Nights): Your gastronomic adventure through Victoria kicks off in Melbourne. On arrival, transfer to your hotel (flights anytime), then spend the rest of the day exploring the sights and sounds of this cosmopolitan city.|
|Day 2||Melbourne||City Sights and Dinner on Colonial Tramcar Restaurant: View fine cathedrals and theatres, and see Federation Square, the Melbourne Cricket Ground and Shrine of Remembrance. Stroll around the Royal Botanic Gardens and visit Fitzroy Gardens to see Cook's Cottage. Take a step back in time this evening as you trundle through the glittering city streets on board the Colonial Tramcar Restaurant, a culinary delight and opportunity to experience the city's tramcar heritage first-hand.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 3||Melbourne||Yarra Valley Wineries with Lunch: Journey through the Dandenong Ranges and take a break at Grants on Sherbrooke. Here you'll indulge in a traditional Devonshire Tea of warm, homemade scones smothered in sweet jam and dollops of cream while coaxing Rosellas, Cockatoos and Galahs to feed out of your hand. Continue to Belgrave and board the Puffing Billy Steam Train for a journey back in time through the heart of the rainforest. You'll head through gorgeous Sherbrooke Forest and ride over the old Trestle Bridge, stopping before Menzies Creek to capture the beauty of Port Phillip Bay on camera. After a day of sightseeing, kick back in Victoria's premium wine-growing region and enjoy a two-course lunch overlooking the sculptured lawns and vineyards of Rochford Winery. Sample some of their delicious vintages before you continue your wine-tasting journey to some of the region's other local wineries.Buffet Breakfast, Lunch|
|Day 4||Depart Melbourne||Depart Melbourne: Your gastronomic adventure at its end, transfer to Melbourne Airport for your onward flight (flights anytime). Buffet Breakfast|
- - These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class