2022: The Best of Spain & Portugal (6820)
13 Day Tour from Madrid to Madrid
Call (603) 524-2500 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15544878
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||MADRID, SPAIN||Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is for you to relax or start exploring Madrid taking advantage of the CosmosGO app. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers. (D)|
|Day 2||MADRID-TOLEDO-GRANADA||Drive south to Toledo. Spectacularly situated on a granite hill surrounded by a loop of the Tagus River, the ancient Castilian capital is a treasure-chest of masterpieces. Visit the walled Old Town with a Local Guide and marvel at the 12th-century Church of St. Tome, known for its large painting by El Greco of The Burial of the Count of Orgaz. Later, cross the Guadalquivir River and head for the olive and orange groves that dot the rolling Andalusian hills. Overnight in history-steeped Granada at the foot of the Sierra Nevada.Today's Distance: 298 mi/ 480 km (B,D)|
|Day 3||GRANADA-CORDOBA||Granada was the Moors' most treasured city, and they still mourn its loss in their prayers. With a Local Guide, visit the Alhambra Complex*, built by Moorish kings. On the way to Cordoba, enjoy more idyllic scenery as you reach an olive farm, where you will stop for a local olive oil tasting.Today's Distance: 143 mi/ 230 km (B)|
|Day 4||Cordoba-Seville||With a Local Guide visit the magnificent Mezquita, famous for its 850 pillars of porphyry, marble, and jasper. On to vibrant, festive Seville.Today's Distance: 93 mi/ 150 km (B,D)|
|Day 5||Seville||Get to know Seville on the included city tour. The capital of Andalusia, colorful Seville has much to offer: the cathedral, the beautiful La Giralda minaret tower, a symbol of Seville; and the Real Alcazar palace, with its extravagant moorish architecture and opulent gardens. Fun fact: the Palace of the Kingdom of Naboo, from Star Wars, and the Palace of the Kingdom of Dorne, from Game of Thrones, were filmed in Plaza de Espana and the Royal Alcazar of Seville. (B)|
|Day 6||SEVILLE-EVORA, PORTUGAL-LISBON||Enjoy the scenery of the Sierra de Aracena before crossing into Portugal and the fertile plains of the Alentejo. Admire the forest of cork trees and make a stop to visit Evora, a delightfully attractive Moorish city with arches, alleys, flower-decked balconies, brilliant white houses, and the Temple of Diana. Continue to Lisbon.Today's Distance: 267 mi/ 430 km (B)|
|Day 7||Lisbon||Henry the Navigator made Lisbon the 15th-century 'Mistress of the Seas.' You'll see his monument, the Belem Tower, the Moorish Citadel, the impressive Black Horse Square, and other highlights on the guided sightseeing tour. Spend the afternoon at leisure in the Alfama's tile-decorated streets, or take an optional excursion to the scenic Portuguese Riviera. (B)|
|Day 8||LISBON-FATIMA-COIMBRA-PORTO||Stop in Fatima to visit its world-famous Sanctuary, dedicated to the Virgin Mary. Continue to Coimbra, known for its university, one of the oldest in Europe, and to Porto on the northern bank of the Douro River. For the perfect way to round out your day, why not join an optional Douro River cruise and dinner?Today's Distance: 224 mi/ 360 km (B)|
|Day 9||Porto||Discover Porto's highlights on the guided city tour. See its historical cathedral, and visit a Port wine cellar along the banks of the Douro River. This afternoon, consider an optional excursion to Guimaraes, called the 'cradle' of Portugal and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Tonight, enjoy an included dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 10||PORTO-SALAMANCA, SPAIN||Enjoy the plentiful woodlands and mountains on your return to Spain via the scenic Douro Valley. Reach the ancient and beautiful university town of Salamanca in the early evening, the best time to take a stroll in the Plaza Mayor.Today's Distance: 267 mi/ 430 km (B)|
|Day 11||SALAMANCA-AVILA-SEGOVIA-MADRID||Journey to fortified Avila with its many towers and visit St. Theresa's Convent before continuing to Segovia, a medieval town picturesquely set on a rocky hill. Spend some time in Segovia before crossing the boundary between new and old Castile to arrive in Madrid.Today's Distance: 168 mi/ 270 km (B)|
|Day 12||Madrid||The capital of Spain, situated 2,180 feet above sea level, Madrid is the nearest thing to Heaven, according to Spaniards. Discover Madrid's main highlights on the included guided city tour. (B)|
|Day 13||Madrid||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).